Supportive Comments and Learner Experiences
“More than anything, what using the compassionate communication model highlights for me, is that when I go back to my old patterns, I now see how destructive and hurtful they are…I can see the costs for myself and my partner. Now I sometimes take the opportunity to hear the feelings and needs behind what my partner is saying. Since I’ve had some success using the model with my partner, I feel encouragement to continue learning and practicing it.”, —Araya Hansen, Life Coach, Sun Dance Life Coaching
“The Compassionate Communication course offers specific ways to allow yourself to be honestly present with whatever might unfold within you in any given moment. This invitation helps me open my heart to looking deeper than the surface words of the judgments to the true compassionate wishes that reside within them.”— Janet L. Merrell, Ph.D. Psychology
“My work with Jerry has been like a balm to my soul. I have “been there / done that” in the realms of personal growth work and this work is the first work that really helped me open to the depth of myself with love and compassion. Now, when I approach edges in life that challenge me, I have a very clear and loving pathway to gather myself so that I can be fully present and available for my life in that moment! Jerry is a highly gifted teacher who truly models what he teaches. I would highly recommend his work to anyone seeking more compassion in their lives and in the world.”
—Quiana Grace Frost, Life Coach & Spiritual Counselor
“This course has made a huge difference in my life. I’m much more present with my feelings and needs – and I learned that this is the basis of a beautiful connection with myself and others.” —Gayatri Erlandson, Ph.D Psychology
Sometimes your relationship communication doesn’t work and deep down, you’re afraid he or she doesn’t respect or value you… and that’s the part that is unbearable.
The Compassionate Communication Course will seriously improve your relationship communication and give your assurance that you’re respected, that you matter and are loved.
It lifts you out your ineffective communication grooves and gives you a new framework from which to communicate where you will experience peace, harmony, and a deeper connection in your relationship.
Specifically, this course will help you to…
- Speak up for what you want in a way that can be heard. There is nothing more empowering than to be able to know exactly what is true for you in any given moment and being able to express that to your partner in a gentle non-blaming way so he/she can hear you.
- Listen in a way so your partner is really feels heard: People who think they are good listeners are surprised by a new level of empathetic listening they learn in the course. Empathetic listening is a magic invitation for the other to respond in kind.
- Transform judgment and criticism into understanding and connection: It is not enough to say to ourselves or others, “Stop judging!” You will learn a viable alternative way to express yourself that will replace the judgments and criticisms. You’ll also learn to hear judgments in a new way.
- Improved sense of emotional and physical intimacy: What’s the first thing that goes when resentments build from poor communication? Yep, physical and emotional intimacy…the lifeblood of a relationship.
- Both get what you want more often without using demands, guilt or shame: Granted, guilt, demands and shame “works” to get someone to do something for us, but at what cost? Resentful compliance? Reluctant giving? Silent Defiance? You’ll learn to request exactly what you want in a cleaner way that will inspire the other to want to give to you.
- Adopt a new communication framework that moves you beyond power struggles to cooperation and trust: There is a tremendous amount of relief when you can get to the level of trusting each other to want to come up with solutions that you both feel good about.
Imagine for a moment…
You and your partner being able to easily and quickly talk about your conflicts and issues. No more build-up of frustrations and resentments from not being heard, understood or having ongoing unresolved issues.
Things finally get resolved…Ahhhh.
Now imagine the relief you’ll feel the in knowing your communication with your partner is easy and you can talk about anything.
Here’s how you CAN make this a reality in your relationship!
With the above encouragement, I invite you to attend a new 8 Week Compassionate Communication Course in Asheville, NC, starting January 9th from 6:30-8:30, located at 150 E. Chestnut Street.
One of the most common comments I get from people around week four of the course is this: “I wish I had learned this years ago, my life would have been so much easier.”
This is the point where they have the profound realization about how to speak differently and they see that has less wear and tear on their soul. Sadly, many single people who take the course realized they could have saved a relationship/marriage that had ended.
8-Week Compassionate Course Structure and Cost
Group: A group will come together over an 8-week period once a week for two hours. In these group sessions, people will get first-hand experience learning and use the compassionate framework before they apply it in their daily life.
Workbook: Each participant will receive a workbook materials that include many experiential exercises to do outside the group work. This helps you apply the knowledge and skills to your life.
Registration: We are limiting the group size. It will be on first come, first serve basis. Don’t put it off, reserve your spot now. Fill out an online Register Form to take your relationship to the next level.
Poor Communication In Your Relationship is Not Yours or your Partner’s Fault!
I’m sure many of you have tried and tried to communicate differently on your own. Maybe you’ve gone to therapy, done lots of personal growth work or made countless concerted efforts to change how you relate to your partner with little or no results. I would guess you might have ended up blaming yourself or your partner. But please let me assure you…
No one is at fault!
Why? Because here’s the important thing that most people overlook: We can consciously want to change the way we communicate but our unconscious communication habits are emotionally based and have kind of an immunity to change. They win out most of the time over conscious intention. And this is NOT your fault nor your partner’s fault, it is just life.
I believe we all want to be heard, to have ease and loving connections in our relationships; the problem is, we all have learned a way of communicating that is entrenched in an ineffective framework; or we unconsciously respond in ways that block the flow of compassion, understanding, and empathy.
That’s why I designed a comprehensive Course to support people in transforming their communication on a deep level for lasting results.
The 8-Week Compassionate Communication Course lifts you out your ineffective communication grooves and gives you a new framework from which to communicate where you will experience peace, harmony, and a deeper connection in your relationship.
We give you the vital tools necessary for you to express honestly what is going on with you, and to connect with what is going on with your partner. We coach you to foster this mutual connection in such a way that many long-standing problems are effortlessly and calmly resolved.
Any change you try to make that does not include addressing unconscious communication habits I don’t believe will be lasting nor congruent. The unconscious habits will creep back into conversations or come out sideways.
After taking the compassionate communication course, couples report relief and resolutions with these issues.
- Money Issues (How much is made and spent; who spends it on what)
- Sexual Differences (frequency, ways to satisfy, decreases in sexual desire or drive, and fidelity)
- Communication (not enough, the way it is done)
- Time Spent Together(Amount and quality of time, who to spend it with)
- Intimacy Issues (Emotional intimacy, availability differences)
- Lack of Commitment (“follow through” with agreements)
- Children and Step Children Issues (how to raise)
- Unequal Need Fulfillment (One partner getting all their needs met at the expense of their partner)
- Jealousy and Control Issues (insecurities)
- Household Chores (who does what, fairness)
- Families and In-laws (conflicts, personalities, etc)
This Course is highly interactive and is directly applicable to relationship challenges encountered in daily life. This Course does not require a partner to attend to be effective! The Course is designed so you can apply it to your partner relationship or any other life situations or circumstances where communication is pivotal. Register here.
Are you ready to take the communication in your relationship seriously and to the next level? Registration